The Digital Finance Institute is a think tank created for the next generation of financial services. We address issues in respect of the nexus between financial innovation, digital finance policy and regulation, financial inclusion and women in financial technology.
Our goals are to:
- Develop partnerships for balanced regulation of digital payments and remittances, and emerging legal issues, and for sharing FinTech knowledge and development internationally.
- Support research and the use of FinTech innovation to solve financial inclusion problems.
- Participate in emerging digital finance market areas, including climate finance and artificial intelligence for digital finance.
- Support diversity in FinTech.
- Support the growth of FinTech ecosystem to encourage investment in FinTech, including with respect to a FinTech Association.
- Build a FinTech community that is vibrant and inclusive, and supportive of startups, in a manner that involves all stakeholders and provides networking and educational opportunities for participants.
Part of the way we are building a national FinTech ecosystem and community is by convening national FinTech Conferences, launching the first FinTech Awards in Canada in the Fall of 2015 and helping to establish a FinTech Association.
We also participate with Carlisle & Gallagher and SWIFT / Innotribe in the FemTech Leaders series, a site that profiles the top women in FinTech around the world and joins them together under one global umbrella of the top finance companies in the world.
We also advocate and work towards the establishment of FinTech hubs that are government-supported in Toronto and Vancouver to encourage new start-ups to engage in FinTech.